Friday, May 1, 2009

Teton Village - Jackson, WY - Date unknown

This experience happened a couple years ago, but I might as well put it somewhere.

Out in Jackson, WY, there is a ski resort called Teton Village. It's a huge resort with the country's highest vertical rise. About half-way up, there is a life called Casper. At the bottom of said lift, there is a restaurant, dubbed, you guessed it, Casper Restaurant. As I'm waiting in line with my friends, I overhear a woman flirting with one of the servers behind the counter, as I'm taking in surrounding conversations, I overhear him say "tell the guy as the register that said the meal was on him". (Tony wasn't his name, but it will be for the sake of this conversation) As I walked past Tony, he served me, I thanked him, and went to the guy at the register. As he run up my bill, I mentioned that Tony said that the meal is on him. The guy at the register looked a bit confused and asked for his name again. I repeated "Tony" at which point, he gave me another funny look, cleared the $15 charge off of the register, and shoe'd me away.

Awesome, free meal.

For an $80 a day pass, that's the least they could give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment